Melisa Ferriola began her career in make-up at the Pennsylvania State University where she earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Arts and Science with an emphasis in theatre. Melisa studied and applied stage and special effects make-up for the university theatre company. After graduating from college, Melisa worked as a free-lance make-up artist for a theatre company in Santa Barbara, CA.
Melisa founded Lasting Looks in 2006 with an emphasis on permanent cosmetics. After 11 years of extensive training and experience, Melisa opened The Academy at Lasting Looks to teach a strong fundamental class – the only school of its kind and authorized by the Delaware Department of Education.
Melisa’s Credentials Include:
- Bachelor of Arts, The Pennsylvania State University. Major – Quantitative Business Analysis; Minor – Theatre Arts
- Licensed and Insured Aesthetician
- Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professional
- Certified in the SoftTap Comfort System for Micropigmentation
- Certified SoftTap Trainer through the SofTap Organization
- Certified in an industry specific Bloodborne Pathogen Course
- Lifetime Trainer Member of the Society of Permanent Cosmetics Professionals (SPCP)
- Board of Directors for SPCP – January 2014 – October 2021
- President of the SPCP – March 2017 – March 2020
Melisa takes pride in the amount of time she has dedicated to perfecting her craft. She attends permanent cosmetics conventions and conferences totaling over 30 hours of continuous education every year.
(302)635-7327 | 7503 Lancaster Pike Ste C2 | Hockessin, DE 19707